Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finding drivers with PCI Database

Have you ever had problems finding drivers? I am going to give an example on using PCI database, and I hope it will help someone. First you bring up device manager. To do this in Windows 7 or vista just click start and type in device manager in search box. In windows XP click start then right click my computer click properties click hardware then click device manager. You should see a page like the screen shot below. I am using my ethernet controller for this example. Double click the device that you need driver for.
















Now you should see screen shot #2 click details.






















Click dropdown arrow.






















Choose Hardware IDS.






















Now write down your Ven # in my case it is 10DE and your DEV # in my case it is 0269.






















Now I am going to give you some screenshots of the PCI Database website. I will give you the link to this site after these screen shots. You enter your VEN # in vender search click search then click your back button and enter your DEV # in device search click search. That brings us to the next screen shot. Scroll down.



















Click your vender name.













Now the best way I have found to find your device on this page is to click edit at top of page then click find on this page and type in your VEN #.






















As you can see in last screenshot my DEV # is highlighted on page. Now just copy and paste the URL into your browser and you should be taken to your driver download. Click here for PCI Database website.
If this does not work for you here is a driver finder for around $30.00.Click Here!


Was this post helpful? Click thumbs up for yes down for no.

4 comments:

Lorrin Finch said...

You sir are my hero thanks!

Unknown said...

Nice documentation, It help me a lot thanks ..

Unknown said...

Muito bem explicado, vai ajudar bastante gente!
Very good! You will help many people with this tips.

Unknown said...

Macbook Repair Service Hong Kong
If any problem related to Apple Macbook . we provide best service for repairing. We are best Apple repairing service center in Hong Kong. We provide various tools for solving such problems. we will contact you and inform you about the recovery procedure. And we will provide mental peace to our customer by proper mailing and by tracking number.

Post a Comment