Monday, April 25, 2011

Make Yahoo mail your default email

I have had several family members and friends wanting to know how to make Yahoo Mail their default mail instead of Outlook. This is the easiest way that I have found to do this. First if you have Yahoo toolbar already installed you need to uninstall it. To do this use these steps.

Windows XP users, click start, click control panel,double click add/remove programs, click Yahoo Toolbar, click remove.

Windows Vista users, click start, click control panel, click uninstall a program, click Yahoo Toolbar, click uninstall at top of page.

Windows 7 users, click start, click control panel, click programs and Features, click Yahoo Toolbar, click uninstall at top of page.

Now that we have old Yahoo Toolbar uninstalled we need to install new Yahoo Toolbar. Click here and you should go to a download page like the screenshot below. Click download on right side and you should see a screen like 2nd screenshot below. The first 3 checkboxes are your choice, but the 4th box that says Install the Yahoo! Mail Plug-in and make Yahoo! Mail my default Mail Provider must be checked then click I agree. After clicking I agree you will see a screen like the 3rd screenshot below check yes or no (your choice I usually check no) click install. After instalation completes click here and see if your Yahoo Mail opens to send me an email. If it does not post a comment at bottom of this post and I will get back with you.

Was this post helpful? Click thumbs up for yes down for no.

No comments:

Post a Comment